June 13, 2011
Travel Industry Websites
After last week’s quiet economic report calendar, this week’s calendar is jam-packed. Look for:
Tuesday’s Retail Sales Report: If sales turn out to be weak, this will add evidence to the belief that our economy is slowing down. And though we want the economy to improve, a weak report could help Bonds and home loan rates.
A double dose of inflation news with Tuesday’s Producer Price Index, which measures inflation at the wholesale level, and Wednesday’s Consumer Price Index. Will these reports coincide with Bernanke’s remarks on inflation from last week?
Job news with Thursday’s weekly Initial and Continuing Jobless Claims Report. Last week’s Initial Claims came in at 427,000, showing that the job market still has some work to do to get below and stay below - the psychologically significant 400,000 mark once again.
Thursday also brings housing news, with reports on both Housing Starts and Building Permits, and manufacturing news with the Philadelphia Fed Index, which is considered an important indicator of the manufacturing industry.
Rounding out the week is Friday’s Consumer Sentiment Index. This index is important because the level of consumer sentiment is directly related to the strength of consumer spending, which accounts for two-thirds of the economy.
- Tour de France Bike Tour High-end Tour de France bike tours, Dordogne bike and culinary tours, Normandy bike tours, and Alsace hiking.
- These United States Colorado Guide : Provides travel and factual information about Colorado.
- Colorado River Rafting : Buffalo Joes is a leading rafting company offering Colorado river rafting tours and Colorado river rafting trips for the whole family.
- Breckenridge, Colorado - Official Travel Site : Lodging, Hotels, Condo Rentals, Lift Tickets, Flights, Car Rentals Shuttles.
- Exeter Devon Hotels! : Welcome to Exeter Devon Hotels!
- Welcome to Cambridge City Centre Hotels! : Find Hotels near Cambridge City Centre. For business and travel we find you the best rates on all the major brands of hotels.